PM Crash Course™ for IT Professionals by Rita Mulcahy and Martha L. Young
Real-World Project Management Tools and Techniques for IT Initiatives
This Crash Course contains project management tools that any project manager can apply to their IT projects for delivering projects on time, on budget, and with fewer headaches. This book is written by the world renowned project management trainer Rita Mulcahy and technology business expert Martha Young, this book will also help you get your IT projects back on track using proven, real-world project management tools and techniques.
This book covers dozens of real-world IT project management issues, including the following:
- Understanding why IT projects fail—and preventing failure.
- Defining effective IT project charters and requirements.
- Organizing IT roadmaps into manageable projects.
- Capturing, creating, and using historical data.
- Establishing “soft” and “hard” project metrics and milestones.
- Defining project scope, and avoiding scope creep.
- Identifying and managing stakeholders and expectations.
- Choosing the right PM tools for your needs—including in-house, hosted, and cloud-based solutions.